Winter walking in Austria
140 kilometres of winter walking paths in the Wilder Kaiser region in Tyrol
Currently closed winter walking path
With its sunny valleys lying between the hilly spurs of the Kitzbüheler Alps and the steep slopes of the Wilder Kaiser mountain massif, the region is an inviting place for extensive winter walks. It is particularly impressive to walk along glistening fields of snow through some of the Tyrol's most beautiful countryside using the comprehensive network of 140 kilometres of prepared winter walking paths. There's plenty to discover away from the pistes around the four villages of Going, Ellmau, Scheffau and Söll - winter walking in Austria!
List of winter walking paths
Winter walking paths status
- Partial opened
Guided winter hikes
Good to know
- Different weather conditions change the terrain every day.
- The assessment of a safe visit is at the discretion of each individual.
- Sturdy shoes and waterproof pants are recommended.
- Respect protective and sanctuaries for plants and animals!
- Keep wild animal feeds at a great distance (300 m).
- Observe animals only from a great distance, under no circumstances follow.
- Do not enter afforestations!
- Note route recommendations.
- Keep your dogs on a leash and bring dog poop bags!
- Keep mountains clean and leave no waste behind.