The Hintersteiner See - a natural jewel with drinking water quality!
Underground springs fill it with fresh mountain water, on the surface of which the impressive mountain peaks are reflected. However, it is really unique to bathe in its refreshing and crystal-clear water on a hot summer day or after a long hike in the Kaiser Mountains. In the summer months it warms up to an average temperature between 20 and 22 degrees.
During summer months, a beautiful sunbathing lawn welcomes visitors to the bathing establishment on the eastern shore of the lake. (entrance fee)
* café, sanitary facilities & changing facilities
* Rental of sunbeds, umbrellas and SUP possible
* Dogs are not allowed at the bathing beach
* On cold or rainy days the bathing area could be closed at short notice
Contact / Operator of the bathing beach: Berggasthof Bärnstatt, Tel. +43 (0) 5358 8113, firstname.lastname@example.org / www.baernstatt.at
ARRIVAL & PARKING:
* With car: For cars there is a parking lot below the Seestüberl restaurant (pay & display). No parking for caravans and camper.
* Without car: The hiking bus Hintersteiner See runs frequently to the lake from the village center of Scheffau from the end of May to mid-October. It can be used free of charge with the Wilder Kaiser Card or a valid lift ticket. Timetable at: www.wilderkaiser.info/mobil