The Hintersteiner See - a natural jewel with drinking water quality!
Underground springs fill it with fresh mountain water, on the surface of which the impressive mountain peaks are reflected. However, it is really unique to bathe in its refreshing and crystal-clear water on a hot summer day or after a long hike in the Kaiser Mountains. In the summer months it warms up to an average temperature between 20 and 22 degrees.
* Open from May to September (depending on the weather)
* Opening times: daily open, in the event of rain and on cool days with unstable weather, the opening times will be adjusted at short notice
* Admission for a fee - prices at www.strandbad-hintersteinersee.at
* café, sanitary facilities & changing facilities
* Rental of sunbeds, umbrellas and SUP possible
* Dogs are not allowed at the bathing beach
* Lockers can be rented by the day
CONTACT - Operator of the bathing beach (Berggasthof Bärnstatt)
Telefon: +43 (0) 664 1899670
ARRIVAL & PARKING
* Adress: Hinterstein 57, 6351 Scheffau am Wilden Kaiser
* Without car: The hiking bus Hintersteiner See runs frequently to the lake from the village center of Scheffau from May to mid-October. It can be used free of charge with the Wilder Kaiser Card or a valid lift ticket. Timetable at: www.wilderkaiser.info/mobil
* With car: For cars there is a parking lot below the Seestüberl restaurant (pay & display). No parking for buses, caravans and camper.