Bärnstattkapelle - St. Leonhard Kapelle

Opening hours on demand

Hinterstein 27, Scheffau am Wilden Kaiser


The pilgrimage church is on the road to Hintersteiner See. The small chapel next to it is the original chapel of grace, which was built in 1693. In 1765 the miraculous image was transferred to the new chapel. The Stations of the Cross pictures date from 1767. For centuries, people from near and far found comfort and help in the Bärnstatt chapel. Numerous votive tablets in the church bear witness to this.

In 1954 the outside of the chapel was renovated. In 1994 the gallery was installed and the interior renovated.

The annual Leonhardi pilgrimage on November 6th, where St. Leonhard, the patron saint of cattle and horses, is remembered, is still very popular.

Show more